Why is research important?
Every minute in the UK, someone is diagnosed with a disease or a condition. The treatment and support they will receive will, at some point, have been informed by research.
Patient and public involvement in research provide valuable knowledge to support people live healthier and better lives now and in the future.
Through medical research we can:
- diagnose diseases earlier or more accurately
- provide life-changing treatments
- prevent people from developing conditions
- improve health and care for generations to come
- ensure everyone has a better quality of life